Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Monday, November 7, 2011

Potty Power

Once we got settled into our new house in Jefferson City I decided to go full force with potty training.  I had a few wayward people warn me that boys are tough to potty train and I should probably wait until he was at least 2 1/2.  Looks like we proved those suckers wrong!!  Just kidding, it did take some time but Noah has done amazingly.  I decided to forgo pull-ups because they are ridiculously over-priced and went full out with underwear.  After 2 days of peeing his pants 4-5 times a day I was a bit frustrated and decided to try it again in a month.  But then I found Potty Power.  This is a video I happened to see in our library a week after the disastrous first attempt.  I got it and thought it might interest Noah.  It was horrendous.  There were children parading around in their underwear, talking toilet paper, and a woman singing about pee and poop.  But it worked miracles.  Noah watched it about 3 times a day for a week and completely got the hang of potty training!!!  It has been a process but he now wears underwear all day (except night, I am still too nervous) and doesn't usually have any accidents.  He will go in public toilets, outside, big potty, little potties, he isn't picky.  I am so proud of our little man who is growing up oh so quickly!

This is actually a picture of Noah way back in May when we first attempted potty training.  I don't have any recent ones except for the first time he pooped on the potty but that is just something that no one wants to see I am sure!

2 comments:

  1. haha i have a picture of a k's poo too! the things we do as moms! ;) what a big boy! so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete