Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Going to the Chapel

Although Josh and Ana have already celebrated their 3-month wedding anniversary I am finally getting to blog about it!!  Throughout high school and even into college I always tried to set Josh up with girls that I thought would be good for him and he never liked any of them.  It turns out he can pick out a girl just fine all by himself.  I feel so blessed to have gained another beautiful sister in Ana and so happy that she is part of our family.  
  The wedding weekend started with me flying into Houston on Thursday night to meet up with everyone flying to Torreon (not sure if I am spelling that right).  The weekend got off to a great start with Josh buying us all drinks just minutes before boarding the plane with the assurance that we can take them on the flight.  You couldn't and so we all had to stand by the gate and chug our drinks (mine was a bloody mary...not so great).  Josh had brought a bottle of vodka onto the plane and was pouring everyone drinks and we were all having a merry time.  
 We were having such a good time no one noticed the bad weather outside.  This is a picture of Josh chugging his bottle of vodka after learning we couldn't land in Torreon because of the bad weather (this was literally after he told us it hadn't rained there in like 10 years)
 We ended up having to land in Monterrey and didn't get to Torreon until about 2:00 in the morning but we did make it just fine.  Friday morning we headed over to Ana's house to have brunch with her family.  Her mom, aunts, sisters, and brother were so welcoming.  They have a beautiful house and it was so much fun getting to know all of them even though there was a bit of a language barrier.  The rest of Friday we just hung around the hotel and then went to the rehersal dinner.  They don't actually rehearse weddings in Mexico but instead they had a dinner and a party afterwards.  Their rehearsal was better than some people's weddings!!  The DJ played really fun music, there was an open bar, and amazing authentic Mexican food.  I had a grand time all the way until 4:00 in the morning!!!

Almost sisters!!!
 Sibling picture
 This was very late into the night
 My dad gave his entire toast in Spanish!!
 After a very long night we took our time waking up and getting ready the next morning.  Ana had arranged to have hair and makeup people come to our hotel room which was very nice!!

Mom and Josh in the hotel while getting ready
 After we got all ready Joy, Michael, and I went with Josh to pick up Ana at her house for pictures.  It was so sweet to get to see Josh's reaction to seeing Ana for the first time.
 After pictures we headed over to the church with Josh and Ana
 The wedding was absolutely gorgeous.  It was in a beautiful Catholic Church and even though it was in Spanish and I didn't really have a clue what was going on, I cried!!  After the wedding we headed to the reception (which began at 11:00 p.m.  I seriously don't know how I stayed up this late all weekend).  Let me just say that Mexican weddings put American weddings to shame.  These people know how to throw a party.  I can't even describe the craziness that went on.  There were all sorts of things to dress up in, a shot block, shot cart, shot limbo.  It was the most exciting party I have ever been to!!  Here are some pictures from the night.

Josh and I in a crazy hat
 My mom, Joy, and I in masks
Ana doing the limbo shot thing

 Taking one of many shots from the shot cart that night
 Crazy big glasses.  Also, notice the large beer stain down my dress.  Michael (my brother-in-law) got a bit too excited when they played an Elvis song.  He got a little crazy with his hips and spilled beer down my dress.  
 Josh and Joy doing the shot block (I didn't participate in this because I had a 10 hour traveling day the next day that started at 5:00 a.m.)
 This was the craziest I think.  This is my dad and sister with their faces stuck into a hole, they shot alcohol into your mouth using a squirt gun.  Crazy!!
I had the best time in Mexico.  Even just blogging about it now and remembering it makes me want to go back there, maybe Ana will invite us when her sisters get married :).  I took a TON more pictures but just didn't want to post all of them.  I will post the rest on facebook soon so you can see all the other fun times from the weekend.  Again, I am so incredibly happy for Josh and Ana.  I LOVE my new sister and her family was just amazing!!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! You look so pretty even with the beer stain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful!!! and that sounds like the wildest wedding ever! how fun! glad you went and had a wonderful time! congrats to josh and ana!!!

    ReplyDelete