Noah has been sleeping in his big boy bed for about 4 months now. We were shocked how easy the transition actually was. I dreaded it because I thought he would be out of bed all the time. He wasn't though, we told him he was not allowed to get up out of his bed and he didn't. It was to the point where if he dropped something out of his bed he cried and cried because he really didn't know he could just get up and get it (and I was not going to tell him). The magic has finally worn off, he understands that he can get out of his bed at anytime. It's not a problem except for nap, yesterday I walked in to find him like this:
I think it must have started because he doesn't always nap anymore and he got bored with just the 3 books I allowed him to have in his bed (under the covers there are about 20 books including all of his special books that are on his dresser and he is not allowed to play with, I guess he showed me). He still stays in his room until I come and get him but I do not look forward to the day when he figures out he can exit his bedroom.
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



At least he was reading! What a big boy:-)
ReplyDeletehalf the time i can't find kaylin in her bed piled with books, stuffed animals, baby dolls, and whatever else she can find!! ;)
ReplyDelete