1. We survived a year with practically no income, just Dan's part time job that he held for 3 months. I learned a lot from this, first and foremost God is miraculous. When He promises to provide for you, provide He does. How does a family of 4 even live for 11 months like that? I also learned that things are not what is valuable. I love clothes, accessories, shoes, things for the house, but those things just aren't what matter. I can't take those things with me to eternity so it's not really that important. I also learned that our family and friends are beyond generous and helpful in hard times.
This house will always hold a special place in my heart because it is where we survived a very difficult year but grew closest as a family and just proves that God is good!!
2. Luke was born. What a precious gift my second born has been. Easy, laid-back, joyful, lovable, cuddly, adorable, and many other amazing adjectives. He came into our lives at a stressful time and brought us so much wonder and amazement!
3. Dan passed the bar. Wow!! One of the best days ever, I screamed for joy and cried when I found out. I am still so proud of all the dedication and work it took (and thankful Luke didn't come while he was out of town taking the bar)
This is at Dan's swearing in ceremony
3. Dan got his first job as a lawyer-Hmmm what did I learn about his first job? Law school is waaaay more expensive than it's worth :) But we are so thankful that Dan has a secure job when so many people don't have one.
4. I was a single mom for a month...Deep respect for anyone who has to go at this raising kids alone thing. That was the hardest, loneliest, most tired month of my life!!!
During this time we had a tornado and the boys and I had to spend like 2 hours in the basement....it was during nap time, super fun times!!
4. Dan and I celebrated 30 years of life..I learned that I am old and Dan finally had to grow up (he always said 30 was when he was really going to grow up)
5. Noah turned 2-I can't believe my baby is 2 (well 2 /12 now) people always say you blink and it's over and I know this is true. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering what he was like as a tiny baby and that makes me so sad. But also excited because I love his personality and I can't wait to see the person he is going to become.
Noah receiving an Elmo doll at his birthday party
6. We moved to Jefferson City....As long as I have Dan and my boys, I will be okay anywhere. That said, it is so hard to move somewhere new and not know a soul.
Our family at Binder Lake towards the end of the summer. We are hoping to take the boys fishing there this summer. They also have some nice trails to walk and a fun playground!
7. Josh and Ana got married.....So happy to have Ana as a part of our family and blessed that my brother has found someone to share the rest of his life with.
8. 2 of Dan's best friends got married....Yay for growing up!
9. All 4 of my Aggie girls had babies! Although I have only gotten to meet Meaghan I look forward to the day when I can meet sweet Brynlee and Emery and handsome Davis!!
Meaghan was the first of the 2011 babies. Kelly and I had the same due date AGAIN but Meaghan came a bit early and was born January 26th, 2011
Ginger's due date was actually an entire month after mine but beautiful Emery came just 2 days before Luke and was born on March 2nd, 2011
The second gorgeous Turner girl Brynlee arrived October 18th, 2011
And closing it out was handsome Davis with his new mommy Sara born October 29th, 2011
10. Dan and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.....I can't believe everything we've been through in 3 short years of marriage. 3 moves, 2 kids, loss of job, gaining of new job, quitting of my job, moving to 2 new cities just to name a few. I have learned that my husband is amazing. I could not have chosen better (actually I"m pretty sure it was God doing the choosing for me). I will be by his side no matter where this life journey will take us and I am so proud of the man he is!
Lots of other things happened but those are the major ones!



You are an amazing, beautiful, and very blest family. I am so proud that God allowed me to be your mom. Now the journey is just beginning for you and it is a blast to be on this side and watch all of your joys and even your struggles. It's the struggles that build the character that will allow you to truly enjoy the blessings! Love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy but fun year!! You and Dan are so resilient and always have the best attitudes about whatever life throws your way. Happy New Year's!
ReplyDeleteawww i absolutely love this post! you guys are such an amazing couple! may 2012 be filled with one blessing after another!
ReplyDelete