This past weekend we went to Kansas City for a visit. It was a 3-day weekend, I had a baby shower I wanted to attend, and our old church had built a new sanctuary and we wanted to see it. Going to Kansas City was very bittersweet for both Dan and I. In Kansas City we were surrounded by Godly couples who were raising their children in the same way we were raising our kids. We loved our church and felt like there were so many opportunities to serve, volunteer, get involved, and grow in our relationship with Christ. I adored my job at the church. Going back it was so amazing to get to talk with the girls and see how much their kids have grown. I loved seeing the church and seeing some of the plans we had talked about being implemented in the Children's program. But honestly it was hard. I know that if I invest some time into Jefferson City I will grow to like it here and I will develop friendships, maybe good ones like we did in Kansas City. It really made us yearn to move back to Kansas City. I know all you Texas people don't like hearing that but it would be a lot more manageable to move back there than it would be to Texas. We'll see what the future holds, for now we are so thankful that Dan has a job that provides me the opportunity to be with our boys, and that Kansas City is close enough for the occasional visit. Here are some pictures from the weekend!
All of the lovely girls celebrating Ida's pending arrival (baby is due March 2nd and they are waiting to find out if it is a boy or a girl). Me, Emily, Tabby, Rachel, Ida, Dawn, Natalie, Sherry, Brooke&Audrey, and Anique
The other thing I miss about the small group girls is that someone is ALWAYS pregnant, there is always a baby to snuggle. In this picture, obviously Ida is pregnant but so is Rachel and Emily-due in August (Jamie-due in April and Jacklyn-due in June are also pregnant but they had already left). As I take a second look at this picture, my baggy shirt makes it look as if I am one of the pregnant ladies, I am not!
Best buddies Ephrem and Noah, these boys just love each other
Amberleigh and Luke hanging out
A bunch of us went to dinner Saturday night. Afterwards we visited Will (Brooke's husband) at the fire station. The kids got to see all of the fire equipment and play around.
Cute kiddos on the fire truck: Luke, Audrey, Noah, Jace, Ephrem, and Amberleigh
You are a friendly, nice girl and will soon make new friends in your new home. Now that the holidays are over and the weather is getting a little better (maybe), you will be able to make new friends. Moving to Texas would be easy, by the way. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! Glad you can go back and visit anytime!! I know you will find some great friends (you always do :)!
ReplyDelete