What is it about children that makes them sense when you are tired or in need of a break and then just exploit it???? Now I know my sweet baby Luke doesn't have a bad bone in his cute little body but for some reason every single time I am overtired or want him to sleep a long time he doesn't. For example, each weekday morning I am up bright and early at 5:00 a.m. in order to workout. Luke generally wakes up between 6:30 and 7:00 on these mornings. It is nice because I have time to workout, shower (sometimes), and usually eat breakfast. But then on Saturday the one and only glorious morning I can sleep in without anywhere to go, he is up at 5:00. I am not kidding this happens almost every Saturday!!! Then on Sunday morning when we are trying to rush around and get to church on time, he sleeps until 7:00! And he does this with naps too. Luke normally takes two 1 1/2-2 hour naps a day. If we ever have somewhere we need to go, he extends his nap. For example, yesterday we had a doctor's appointment and he had been sleeping over 2 hours and I had to wake him so we wouldn't be late. Today we have absolutely nowhere to go, it is dark and raining, I am tired and would love a nap. Guess who woke up after 45 minutes! Grrrr!! And since he didn't get a good nap, he will be overtired leading him not overcompensate on his sleep like normal people do, he will be up bright and early tomorrow morning at 5:00 a.m......tomorrow is Saturday.
Let's be honest though, how cute is this kid!!! (I mistakenly left a package of ritz crackers on his exersaucer, he demolished them and then held up the package for me to see what he had done)
This kid is pretty cute too, just relaxing and watching Shrek while I shower
No comments:
Post a Comment