Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

Since I began blogging in Noah's 4th month of life and missed the first few months of documenting/writing about him, I thought I would take the opportunity to write the story of his birth on his 1st birthday. It all started one year ago, June 29th, 2009; I was 3 days overdue but I decided that I did not want to be induced because I wanted Noah to come when he was good and ready. I had a doctor's appointment that day to check to make sure everything was okay. Well it wasn't. After an ultrasound they determined that my amniotic fluid was too low (when my doc asked me if I had noticed it leaking I told her that come to think of it I did notice it but I thought I was just peeing a tiny bit every time I stood up-first time mom here). Since my doc was on call that day she happily informed Dan and I that we would be having a baby in the next 24 hours. While scared completely out of our minds we checked into the hospital and I got started on my pitocin (I grew to loath the sound of that machine cranking the pitocin into my system). The nurse said it was a record for quickest contraction because I had one RIGHT away. Dan had to rush home to get my bag and was back in 30 minutes but I was in pain already. For the first hour and a half my contractions were every couple of minutes, with a break in between. They hurt but were bearable. Well the next hour and a half was the worst freaking pain ever! I had no breaks in between contractions and was also having back labor. Dan and I both begged the nurse for my epidural (I think I might have asked every 15 seconds). I got the epidural and the nurse told Dan that he could go get dinner since I was doing great and it would still be awhile. Well apparently she was wrong, things sped up VERY quickly (went from a 5 to a 9-almost 10 in about 20 minutes). I had to call Dan back so that he didn't miss the birth of our baby, I also had to suck a lot of oxygen down because Noah dropped so fast that his heart rate slowed, a bit scary there for a moment. The doctor/nurse had me start pushing at about 8:15 and our little darling was born at 8:34 p.m. (a mere 6 hours from when our doctor told us we would be having the baby today). He is a miracle and I am thankful for every precious second I have had with this baby.

2 comments:

  1. i remember this day like it was yesterday... and all you wanted dan to bring you was a pony tail holder!! :) happy birthday, noah! we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I semi-remember this story since I was at home with my 2 week old when you told it to me. Sounds like you were going to go into labor that day even without the pitocin since you contracted so quickly. Happy Birthday lil Noah!

    ReplyDelete