Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Monday, October 1, 2012

Zoo

This past weekend we had a fun family day at the zoo.  I've only been to the KC zoo one other time when Noah was pretty young and so we didn't stay very long.  Everyone always says it's a lot of walking but I didn't think it would be that big of a deal.  Holy cow!!  They have a part called Africa and it's really cool because you have to walk far away from the regular zoo, over a big bridge/river and through  forest and it kinda feels like you are going on this journey but to this pregnant woman I literally felt like I walked to Africa, toured the continent, and then had to trek back.  It was a ton of walking!!  But the weather was perfect, it was free for Kansas City residents, and the boys loved seeing all the animals, so it was worth it!  Here are a few pics from the day!

I think this may have been the monkey exhibit, not really sure
 Loved petting the sheep


 Again, not really sure what exhibit this is
 Both boys trying to look out at the "savannah"

 Pretty sure this was the lion exhibit....Luke kept roaring at them and trying to climb the fence

 My favorite part of the zoo, elephants!!
 Family picture by the elephants
It was so fun taking the boys to the zoo and listening to Noah commentate about each animal and what it was doing, asking if it was a bad guy or a good guy, and then asking Luke constantly if he liked that guy.  Luke pointed to each animal and roared or said whoah or go go go!  They are too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment