I am always looking for good healthy recipes for my kids that aren't too costly. Noah is an incredibly picky eater so when I find a recipe he will actually eat I am ecstatic and want to share it with the world!!
Sweet Potato Hummus
1 sweet potato (poke, cook in microwave 3-5 minutes)
1 tsp cumin
1 lemon juiced
1 tsp sea salt
1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
2-3 tablespoons tahini
black pepper to taste
dash of garlic salt
3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
*Combine all ingredients except olive oil and mix up. Put in food processor and slowly add olive oil while blending*
My kids love eating this on crackers or black bean tortilla chips (which we don't really get very often but it's a nice treat)
No-Bake Energy Bites
1 cup oatmeal
2/3 cup coconut
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup chocolate chips or raisins
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
*Mix all the ingredients, shape into small little balls, chill for 30 minutes. Store in the fridge in an air tight container
These are soooo good and my kids ask for them like they are cookies or candy!
Oatmeal Raisin Bread
1 1/2 cups water
2 tblsp butter
4 cups flour (I used half white half wheat)
3 tblsp skim milk powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup oatmeal
3 tblsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 tsp quick rise yeast
2/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
*Place everything in your bread machine in the order above (if you don't have a bread machine you should go buy one. They are fantastic), my machine was set to the sweet bread recipe.
We ate this for breakfast with cream cheese and it was delicious. Dan took it for a snack with peanut butter!
I've also been trying to vary our lunch menu. I am so incredibly tired of PB&J, chicken nuggets, and grilled cheese! One day I made pepperonis spread with cream cheese and then rolled up (huge hit for Noah, not so much for Luke). Another day I did egg salad (instead of mayo I did plain greek yogurt) which both boys loved on crackers, and then we did turkey, cheese, and ranch dressing pinwheels (huge hit for Luke, not so much for Noah). Try these recipes, and then leave me some suggestions because I need them :)
Monday, October 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



yumm-o! thanks friend! will definitely have to try these!! :) they sound delish!
ReplyDelete