Although we are very excited to have Christmas in Texas this year I thought it was important to have a celebration with just our little family. I also really wanted to start creating some Christmas traditions of our own. We are leaving Wednesday night so we thought this past Saturday would be the best time to do it.
This is the night before after bath time (our Christmas tree looks pretty terrible because Noah keeps rearranging the ornaments to his liking)
Dan made us omlets for breakfast, Noah was in a very grumpy mood!
Luke was a little grumpy too until he got his omlet, then he was a happy camper!
After breakfast we opened our stockings. Noah's had scissors (kid friendly), Polar Express, M&M candy cane, and a book about shapes. Luke got yogurt melts, an M&M candy cane (which I will be eating), skidders, and a book.
This is Noah's school bus book
Luke really had no idea what all this stuff was, he chewed on his shoes
Dan got socks, a tie, and some reeces (very practical)
After stockings we opened up presents. We really didn't get the boys much because our families are very generous and we were going to be celebrating Christmas 3 more times while in Texas and then again with my dad when we get back home!!
Noah with his cars slippers (Dan has slippers and Noah has been REALLY wanting some!) Noah also got a new train to go with his set. His favorite present though was probably the scissors! He spent all day cutting paper, and those were only 48 cents!
Luke got this ball thing (you drop balls into the top and then push a button and they pop out of the bottom)
I didn't take a picture but I got Dan a book he really wanted and I also got him 12 months of pre-planned dates (thank you pintrest). I decorated a scrapbook page and planned a fun/romantic date for each month of the next year.
I got brown boots!! I have been wanting them for a very long time, he did very well!!
After opening presents and nap time I made a bunch of appetizers (spinach and artichoke dip, 7-layer dip, little smokies, some jalepeno thing) and we just ate and ate while watching Polar Express together. We also drank hot chocolate later in the night (Noah ate the marshmallows). It was SO much fun to have our Christmas day together and we are preparing to go to Texas next week, so excited!!



super cute boots and boys! and i love the pre-planned dates idea! hope y'all have a very merry christmas! :)
ReplyDelete