Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Birthday

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  your works are wonderful,  I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you  when I was made in the secret place,  when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God!  How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them,  they would outnumber the grains of sand when I awake, I am still with you. Psalms 139:13-18

This verse truly reminds me of the overwhelming love God has for my child.  It reminds me that as much as I love Noah and care for him, he first belongs to God.  He has given me such a precious gift in Noah and I am so thankful I get to be his mom. 

I started getting emails on Noah's development when I was pregnant with him from baby center.  They would tell you how your baby was growing and then they continued throughout babyhood and toddler-hood.  I knew that when they turned 2 it changed from toddler to preschooler.  Jamie prepared me for that milestone when Kaylin turned 2, but still seeing it made me happy and sad at the same time.  Noah truly can't be considered a baby any longer.  He has grown into an incredible preschooler but at the same time I am sad to say my first baby is no longer a baby (and really he hasn't been for quite some time).  Noah is hilarious these days.  He is speaking in sentences (most of the time only people who spend a lot of time with him can understand these sentences though) and can get his point across most of the time.  His tantrums are becoming less and less as he is able to communicate with us more.  He loves to count (he skips 3,6,7), likes to say his abc's, sing songs (wheels on the bus, the butterfly song, and this little light are still favorites),and put together puzzles.  He knows the colors blue and red.  He is becoming so independent.  He brushes his teeth, picks out his clothes, tries to dress himself, drinks from a regular cup, picks up his toys, and is just really helpful with everything.  Noah is a precious gift from God and I am thankful and blessed to have him as mine!

I really wanted to make Noah chocolate chip pancakes for his birthday breakfast but our power was out, so instead he got cheerios.  Which was just fine with him he kept asking for more and ended up eating 3 bowls, I let him have whipped cream with his strawberries as a treat.  Here he is right after breakfast making his silly face!
When I told him it was time to go he grabbed my purse and said mommy, potty, purse, bye-bye (I guess he knows my routine before we go somewhere)
 For lunch we went to McDonalds, again because we still had no power.  It was pretty fun but a bit challenging with 2 kids all by myself!!

 After nap time we headed up to Jefferson City.  Dan really wanted to see Noah on his birthday, I wasn't so sure I wanted to make the trip but after not having power for 3 days it was a welcome change :)  We went to Chili's (Thank you Christy for the gift card)

2 comments:

  1. i miss noah!!!!!! and all of y'all! i guess a trip to jefferson city will have to be planned :)

    ReplyDelete