Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Big 3-0

My twenties are over and I almost can't believe I am 30 years old.  Yikes!!  Dan always told me that he would grow up and figure out what he was doing with his life when he turned 30, and that day is here.  Good thing he is married with a job and 2 kids, I guess we're real grown-ups now!!  Birthdays are extra special in our house because Dan and I share ours.  We met on this day 9 years ago.  So not only is today my birthday but it is also the day I met the man of my dreams.  9 years ago, I was turning 21 and going out to Northgate.  A mutual friend asked if it would be okay to celebrate my birthday with his friend Dan who just moved to College Station and was going to be his roommate in the fall.  I remember the exact moment I met Dan.  He was leaning up against the bar, drink in hand, with a little smirk on his face.  I also remember thinking he was pretty hot and I was not expecting that!!  I didn't talk to him much that night but I was intrigued by him.  The next night I had a party at my house and Dan came.  That was the first summer I stayed in College Station and I had no job and literally no money.  He came to my party, ate my chips and salsa, and I cried because that was my food for the next week.  Sometimes I look back at that weekend and just want to tell my cute little 21 year old self that this guy would be my future husband.  He would love and cherish me and I would end up absolutely adoring him.  I'm so happy to be turning 30 with my amazing husband who still intrigues me and occasionally makes me cry when he eats something I really wanted!

2 comments:

  1. aww, i remember your 21st birthday party! i loved that summer! great memories! so glad you and dan found each other! y'all are just too cute! and i cry when chris eats my food too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think everyone remembers when j&c got married and c ate the pringles and jamie cried. ;) yall are 2 peas in a pod!!

    ReplyDelete