Day 1 of being a single mom. I just finished a 14 hour day. Really I'm writing this more for my own sanity since I haven't seen another adult all day long. The day started with lovely Luke, who usually sleeps until at least 7:00 decided today was the day he wanted to wake up at 5:00. And boy was he awake. He kicked himself all the way around the crib and was squealing in delight! I fed him hoping he would go back to sleep, no such luck. He just wanted to smile and play. Not too much later Noah woke up seriously screaming as if he was possessed by the devil himself. I gave him a glass of water, closed the door and let him cry until 7:00. I felt like a really mean mom, but he would calm down and be really quiet for 10 minutes and then start screaming again. In my selfishness I kept thinking he would eventually fall back to sleep. He did not. The day included 2 large cups of coffee, an hour long walk (to CVS so I could pick up a prescription; exersice, an errand, and saving on gas money I am a multitasker), Seasme Street, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a 3 hour nap (thank you Jesus), 2 loads of laundry, cleaning Luke's room, long baths for both boys, lots of book reading, and a 7:00 bedtime for both kiddos. I appreciate my husband so much already and can't wait until Friday night when he comes back to us!! I could never ever be a single mom! Only 12 more days to go........hopefully.
P.S. I didn't take any pictures of the day, sorry!
P.P.S. I just read this back and it sounded depressing. Despite the early rising, Noah was in an incredibly happy and cheerful mood (no meltdowns) and Luke took 4 naps for a total of 6 hours of napping today.....so all in all it was a successful day. If all of the "single mom" days go like this I will be tired but a happy camper :)
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I wish you lived here so you could come over and we could commiserate! I don't know how single moms do it!
ReplyDeletei agree with kelly!!! :) i am sooooo proud of you though and know that you are doing a great job taking care of your boys!
ReplyDelete