Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Monday, May 9, 2011

St. Louis

Jefferson City is about halfway in between Kansas City and St. Louis so we decided to just go and visit Joy and Michael this weekend.  It was kind of a rocky weekend because Noah barely slept (took a couple hours to get him to sleep each night, woke up 3-4 times in the middle of the night, and got up at 6:00 a.m.).  We made the most of it though and I am so glad we went.  Friday night we went to Springfest at the seminary school.  Let me tell you, pastors are awesome!  Free food and free beer.  As we were walking back across campus (they live on campus), Joy said; people really like their beer here so don't worry they won't judge you if you walk back and bring your beer with you.  Saturday we went to Forest Park (an incredibly nice park that goes on for miles and miles) and then church, and Sunday we went to the beautiful and free zoo!
Michael is going on vicerage (I don't know how to spell that) so they will be moving to Colorado for a year and then coming back to St. Louis for another year.  This will probably be the last time we get to visit them before they move back.  It has been so great having them close and getting to see them more often.  Noah recognizes them (Jo and Mak is what he was calling them) and loves to be with them.  I really hope we get to visit in Colorado though!

Luke was awake for about 5 minutes of our zoo trip and luckily I snapped a picture. 
 Aunt Joy and Uncle Michael (Jo and Mak)
 I think Noah's favorite part was the monkeys.  We saw chimps, orangatangs, and gorillas and he loved them!

3 comments:

  1. how fun!! glad you got to spend time with your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke looks so big!!! And I totally feel you on that hardly sleeping thing---we are apparently regressing over here too. Wish I could say ours was because we were out of town too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww sister time is the absolute best! (and getting a little help with the kids is too :) i am glad that she will be only be gone a year! also, i still can't believe the st. louis zoo is free! that amazes me!

    ReplyDelete