Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Joys of Fall

I always wanted to live in an older house.  I felt like they had character and weren't exactly like the house down the street.  Another reason I wanted an older house was because of the trees.  I realize the tiny nubs at newer houses will eventually become trees but I am impatient and I want beautiful, tall, fully grown trees right now!  Well I got my wish, we have 4 big trees in our backyard and holy cow it is a lot of work!!  We spend hours each week raking leaves.  I am actually looking forward to winter when we won't have to do this.  But I still love my trees!!  Noah loves raking day.  He thinks he is so helpful stomping down the leaves, picking them up and putting them in the trash, and stealing our rakes so he can do it by himself.  I had to capture some pictures this week!


 Here Daddy I just thought you needed your work gloves

 Right after this picture he kicked all these leaves up so we had to re-rake the pile!!

3 comments:

  1. What a big helper:) Or not... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, that's what we wanted too, older house, mature trees, until you have two HUGE oak trees in front, and about 13 small ones in the back that drop ALL their leaves in the spring, that takes forever for them all to actually fall, with the oak pollen that turns everything on our deck yellow... ya we love the trees... but second guess sometimes=) we do love the pretty shade though and the beautiful landscape they make... catch 22=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see your casa and huge trees in a few weeks. i'll help you rake if you need me to...only cuz your preggers ;) jk...love you and would rake your leaves even if you weren't!

    ReplyDelete