Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Friday, October 8, 2010

I cried a little

Yesterday I had been cleaning all day and Noah was getting a bit bored/fussy with all the cleaning so I put on his Baby Einstein video.  We like to save this for special occasions, like when I need to get stuff done or Noah is super fussy, but he loves it.  He just goes crazy for those videos laughing, dancing, pointing and clapping his hands.  About halfway through the video, I had to go upstairs to make dinner.  Usually I don't leave Noah downstairs by himself unless it's just to grab something quickly but he is becoming more and more independent and trustworthy (aka...not putting things in his mouth anymore).  I asked Noah if we wanted to stay downstairs and watch his video or if he wanted to come upstairs and help me make dinner.  He pointed to the couch and said heee (which I took to mean stay here).  He climbed right up on the couch, took out his sippy cup and continued watching the dvd while I went upstairs to cook.  As I climbed the stairs I cried a little with the total realization that I now have a little boy.  He understands me when I ask him questions and makes his own decisions.  I realize that in a few short months I will have another baby boy but my baby Noah will not be a baby ever again.  It's just a bit sad for this mommy.

4 comments:

  1. It's always a little sad to leave one stage but keep looking forward Bec. Every stage is so amazing, I loved every age you were at as you grew and you continue to amaze me! Love you lots - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...what a sweet post. and a sweet comment by your mom too! hang in there...and don't worry, you'll have another baby soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me teary-eyed too:) Sweet post:)

    ReplyDelete