Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I had the best first mother's day!!! My beautiful baby and wonderful husband made it an excellent day!! It actually started on Friday. Dan came to school with tulips and hot tamales (favorite flowers and candy). I don't have pictures though because I accidentally left the tulips at school. It's funny because I am always insisting to Dan that teaching is the hardest job but the one time he comes to my classroom my kids are having free day Friday (playing hangman and folder games instead of the usual rigor I put them through), and I was on my computer looking at blogs. Oh well! Today Noah slept in until 7:45, I actually woke up before him!! Dan cooked me biscuits and gravy, another one of my faves. And Noah loved them too. After his nice long 2 hour morning nap we went to Zona Rosa's inside play place because it was yucky and cold outside. Noah came home and fed himself with a spoon for the first time (only two bites but I am proud just the same). Then he took another 2 hour nap! We headed off to church because I was working in the nursery tonight. After church we came home and Dan had fixed me a steak dinner and even made me strawberry cake with white icing!!! My favorite! It was a wonderful day and I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and baby. Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mom's I know-we love you! Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast, yum!!!
Playing hide-and-go-seek in mommy and daddy's bed

I love Noah Daniel
And he loves his mommy too
Dan finally captured the "background"
I can feed myself cottage cheese and mandrin oranges (he threw his spoon on the floor shortly after)
We get back late from the nursery and he was tired-but still it's a memory
I told Dan the only thing I wanted for Mother's Day was something that Noah made. So cute! Dan couldn't find a paintbrush that's why it is a little hard to read, but still so incredibly sweet, I have a lot to live up to for Father's Day!
I know strawberry cake with white icing is a weird favorite dessert but I just love it and it tasted mighty good after dinner.









2 comments:

  1. i am cracking up at so many things...that hot tamales are your favorite candy, that dan walked in on you looking at blogs, and that dan couldn't find a paint brush. omygoodness you always know how to make me laugh (and dan too!). thank you :) happy first mother's day! noah is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto Jamie's comment. Tell Dan he did a fabulous job on everything:)

    ReplyDelete