Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Dear Daniel
I met my husband 10 years ago today. I can't believe he's been a part of my life now for 10 years (I also can't believe it's been 10 whole years since I celebrated my 21st birthday). I remember the day so clearly. The day of my 21st birthday a friend called and asked if it would be okay if we celebrated my birthday with one of his friends. He was a guy he had gone to high school with and was transferring to A&M and we had a lot of friends in common. Since we had the same birthday it would be really convenient if we could all just go together. I had no problem with that. I wasn't really expecting anything from this new guy because all of the other guys in that group had become good friends and I never had any thoughts about dating any of them, I just figured he would be the same. I walked into Hole in the Wall (oh how I miss College Station) and John (our mutual friend) introduced us. I remember being very taken back, he was freaking hot!! He gave me this super cocky smile that he had going on back then and returned to his conversation. That was literally the only interaction we had all night. Dan doesn't even remember meeting me that night, he denies I was even there. The following night I had a party at my house and Dan ate all my chips and salsa and spilled it on the floor ( I cried...I was that poor). That is the first night Dan remembers meeting me. I would have never in a million years thought I would end up marrying that man and having 3 children with him. It's been a crazy 10 years filled with ups and downs. But Dan has truly become my best friend, my support, my rock, and an incredible blessing from God. He is amazing and I can't wait to have decades more with him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



awww, cute!! haha, well i am with dan...i thought y'all met at the party at our apt. too! too funny! i guess we are getting old ;) so happy y'all met!!!
ReplyDelete