Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wisconsin Trip/The Farm

We had such a wonderful time on our Wisconsin trip I decided to break it up into sections. I'll try to update a new piece of our trip each day! When my mom was a little girl my grandpa bought about 200 acres of land and planted thousands and thousands of trees. As they have grown he has cut trails through all of the woods and kept them very clean (clearing the paths of sticks, cutting down branches that are dead, mowing consistently). When we were little he had horses that we could go horse back riding through all these trails. He also had old covered wagons and sleighs that the horses would pull through the trails (which might partly be where my amish obsession came from). We would also ride the 3-wheeler through the woods. It was truly a magical place to visit as a child. We would play Indian Princesses in the woods, be pretend farmers in the buggies, play camp, and many other wonderful games. I was so proud to be able to take Dan to the farm a few years ago and it was even better to take Noah this year. He had an absolute blast and I hope that he can have so many more memories up there just like we did. The first couple pictures are of my Grandpa's woods.
Here is grandpa cutting down a branch so it didn't kill the whole tree (he truly cares about and knows the names of all his trees)


Grandpa took us for a long Kaboda ride through the forest

When I was a little girl I spent a summer on the farm. I loved riding around with Grandpa checking on his trees, setting gopher traps; I felt like a real helper!







2 comments: