Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

18 months

Hard to believe little Lukey-Duke is a year and a half already!!  I thought I'd give a little update on his development.  I usually hate it when people say "he's all boy" but with Luke it couldn't be more true.  This is a rough tough, no fear, dirt eating, truck and car playing, ball throwing, wrestling, diving head first into things kind of boy.  It's a little scary at times but fun too.  Luke isn't quite the laid back child he started out this world as and he is veeeeery good at expressing his opinion about things.  I think it must just be the age and I have high hopes that his whatever type personality will re-emerge in a year or so.  He talks all the time, the doctor asked if he had 10 words and I told him he has at least 10 sentences.  Mostly revolving around food (I want a cracker, more cookie please, I need milk, juice, water, etc.).  He took forever to walk but now he runs pretty much everywhere and mostly chasing or running from Noah.  He absolutely loves to wrestle his brother and I am pretty sure someone will have a broken bone in the near future because they are so rough.  He loves loves loves eating but must be burning it off at an incredible pace because he only weighs 24 pounds.  Like I said earlier his favorite toys are cars, balls, trucks, and trains.  He really likes riding his bike and playing with sticks and rocks in the dirt as well.  He is also the dirtiest child ever but he loves bath time.  He recently learned all his body parts and loves telling them to us or pointing to them on others.  He knows quite a few animals and their sounds (dog, cat, duck, horse, cow, and pig).  He is still a huge dog fan and really just animals in general.  So that's Lukey-bear at 18 months old!

Loves sliding...he will go down normally, on his tummy, facing backwards, he doesn't really have much fear
 This is a fun "game" he likes to play when I do laundry.  He takes the basket from me and pushes it around the house, dumps it over, and then rolls around in the warm laundry.  It's super fun.
 Riding bikes
 He tried to walk down the slide the other day...too much big brother influence I guess.  Good thing another mom was paying attention and told him to sit down!
 Riding in the fire truck


2 comments:

  1. awww, it is so fun to watch how different siblings can be even though they came from the same place :) he is absolutely adorable! and i saw you added a ticker for caleb! hooray! love that name too! :) y'all are good at picking out strong biblical names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome boy! I'm hoping the new tude is from the age too:-)

    ReplyDelete