Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Story of Luke

Noah is telling us where Luke's eyes are....we had to make sure to say "BE GENTLE!!"
 Getting him all checked out

 Dad and Luke
For having two pregnancies that were so much alike, I couldn't have had more different labors!  After Noah was born I left the hospital thinking, wow that was way easier than I thought it would be.  When I leave the hospital with Luke I know I will wait a long time before considering another child!  Most of you know that Luke was 13 days past his due date, so Friday morning we went to the hospital to be induced.  I was pretty disappointed to be induced because I wanted him to come naturally but what can you do?  They started my pitocin at about 8:00 and I had a blissful pain free 3 hours!  At about 11 the nurse came in to tell me that if I wanted an epidural I should get one now.  Although my contractions weren't really causing much pain at this point, the anethesiologist was going into surgery and it would be a very long time before he could come and I may not get one at all.  So I decided that yes they should give it to me, all the while feeling a bit guilty and like a big wimp cause I wasn't really in very much pain.  I stupidly called my mom and told her this was going to be such an easy birth!  For the next 5 hours or so it wasn't too bad, I was a bit uncomfortable and the doctor had to come back about every hour or so and give me more medicine because it would wear off.  Well then the stinking epidural just stopped working all together.  The doctor said, "I'm sorry we've given you all the medicine we can, sometimes this just happens.  I could try moving your catheter to get it in a different spot, but it's too late for that."  In my head I was cursing this man.  I won't go into all the details but let me just say it was the hardest and most excruciating thing I have ever done.  I was bawling, groaning, and telling Dan to just get him the crap out of me :)  After an hour of pushing and trying to turn him (his head was facing the wrong way, another source of terrible back labor)  And then there he was!!  All 8 pounds, 13 ounces of him.  I was in a bit of a daze after that but I know the NICU people had to come in, I'm not sure why but everything is good now.  He was so alert yesterday and nursed so so well.  He didn't cry much during the night and as soon as I held him close to me he was content.  I think he is going to be a mamma's boy (which he better be for all the stuff he put me through)!

3 comments:

  1. people like to tell you the second birth is easier...but you aren't the first person that has had a harder second labor. but no matter what...it was totally worth it! :) he is precious! can't wait to meet him!! and give him a smooch or 10! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Becky, Dan and Noah! So glad he is here, safe and sound;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally didn't expect a blog entry this early in the ballgame--way to go, Supermom!! Also, I love the "get him the crap out of me" part. Made me LOL:)

    ReplyDelete