Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Day in the Life

Things have been going pretty well in the life with 2 kids household.  At 2 1/2 weeks we have fallen into a pretty nice routine!  Luke put himself on a routine and has stuck to it pretty consistently.  Last night he was having trouble falling asleep and today he hasn't napped well but for the most part I actually feel more rested now than I did when I was pregnant.  This is due mainly to the fact that my family and Dan have been a HUGE help.  I know that when they leave (which is today) and Dan goes back to work I will have a big adjustment, but for now it is so nice to have the help!!  I thought I would give a breakdown for you of how our days are spent!

7:45-8:30 a.m. Noah wakes up/eats breakfast (because I am the one to wake up with Luke at night Dan has been getting Noah up and fed, it has been glorious to have an extra hour of sleep)
8:30 a.m. Luke wakes up and eats
9:00-10:00 a.m. Get ready (now that I have 2 children, it takes an entire hour to get us all cleaned up and dressed for the day.  I am hoping in the coming month to cut this down to 30 minutes)
10:00-11:00 a.m. Run errands, walk, park, story time, Luke naps (This hasn't actually happened just yet but it will eventually.  Right now this time is spent getting Luke down for a nap while Dan, my mom, or Joy plays with Noah or runs errands for me!)
11:00 a.m. Luke eats
11:45 a.m. Noah eats lunch
12:00-2:00 Luke naps
12:30-2:30 Noah naps
*It has been ideal that these boys are napping at the same time, I am praying this stays true! It has allowed me to nap or clean
2:00 Luke eats
2:30-4:30 Walk, park, run errands, play (I have actually made it on a walk twice and to the park once so I am doing well in this department), Luke naps
4:30 Luke eats
6:00 Dinner as a family (Luke is usually sleeping through it)
7:00 Luke eats while we do a bedtime routine with Noah
7:30 Noah and Luke go to sleep
9:30 Luke eats
10:00 Bedtime for us
1:30 a.m. Luke eats and usually goes right back to sleep
5:30 a.m. Luke eats and usually goes right back to sleep
We all made it out of the house one day to go to the petting zoo at the library.  Noah loved the pigs and goats but was terrified of the chickens!!
 Even Luke made it out with us, although he slept through the entire thing
 On the last morning my dad and brother were here we all went to breakfast down by the farmer's market

1 comment:

  1. Again, jealous of the routine. I don't ever even know what time it is so I couldn't venture a guess as to what our schedule looks like. Yay for you!!!

    ReplyDelete