Friday, January 14, 2011
I hate Walmart!!!
Be aware this is truly a ranting/venting post. I think it's the lack of adult conversation in my day and the fact that Dan is now studying 10-12 hours a day, this is where I can vent my frustration. So read if you want, but don't feel like you have to I feel better typing out my complaints. We do most of our grocery shopping at Walmart despite the fact I hate it because it is oh so cheap. The workers hate their job, and you can tell, and the people you come in contact with are inconsiderate and dumb. Mean I know but it's the truth (for the most part). But it seriously saves us so much money! Anyways I have had some bad luck my past 3 visits. Noah and I go in the mornings because there aren't many people there but the downside of that is they usually only have 1-2 checkout lanes available. We went 2 weeks ago and got behind a lady who had 2 shopping carts stuffed to the max with stuff, but being that was the only open lane I was forced to get behind her. After the worker had rung up one entire cart full of stuff the lady says "Oh my gosh, I don't have my wallet." And proceeds to make her son go get it......at her house!!! Apparently they can't help other customers and after waiting 15 minutes and the line with now 7 people behind me they finally opened up another lane. The completely considerate customers of Walmart did not let me go next (even though I am almost 9 months pregnant and now have a crying toddler) so I get stuck at the back of the line of 7 people. After almost 30 minutes in the checkout lane we can go home. Next story, yesterday we went on our weekly shopping trip and 2 lanes were open. One woman had a lot of stuff and the other lane had 5 people in it. I chose to get behind the woman with a lot of stuff and the SLOWEST CHEKOUT PERSON EVER! She was about 80 and had to have a 1 minute discussion on each and every item the woman had purchased. I watched sadly as 8 people went through the line next to me (I stopped counting after that). Unfortuantely I had to go back to Walmart today and get painting supplies for Luke's room. There were 2 lanes open at completely opposite ends of the store. I chose the one close to me and close to where I parked. There was only one person ahead of me and all their items were already on the line, horray! But alas, my joy was cut short. I guess Walmart will match any store's price if it is lower than theirs. This man had a competitor's price for each and every one of his precious items that she had to look up. He also was purchasing about 15 individually sold energy drink, which he tried to pay for with food stamps and I guess that's not allowed. When the ringer began to take each energy drink out and scan it again one by one, I made the decision to trek across the store to the other checkout line. In this line I got behind a woman who, after all of her purchases were rung up, produced a coupon for each item. Except the coupons were in a great big crumpled mess. So the ringer had to smooth them all out and organize them before proceeding. Two of them were even stuck together with gum. Seriously. I spent over an hour in the checkout line of Walmart in the past 2 weeks. I loathe you Walmart. The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hahahha--how seriously annoying and FRUSTRATING!! I totally hate Walmart a lot too. Every time we go (which is twice in Parker's life), I have had to explain to Parker that some people dress like thugs and act retarded because they don't know any better and that he might not should wave hi to the scary pimp-dude working the corner of the parking lot. We do get to practice our espanol a lot when we are waiting in the long lines though...
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahahhahahaa another one wonderful "becky" story!!! you should seriously write a book!!!
ReplyDelete