Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Being sneaky and miserly

I recently purchased two mom books. The first was called Miserly Moms (Yes I realize names of books should be underlined but this blogger page wouldn't let me do it for some reason). Since quitting my job and living on one income I decided there were ways in which I could be alot more miserly. This was a very eye-opening book. And while somewhat extreme I have learned many tips about grocery shopping and ways to save money here and there. The best two things about the book were the homemade granola recipe (I had all the ingredients at my house already), which we have been eating as cereal, in yogurt, and I made delicious granola bars with it-it's lasted us an entire month!! The second was how to make your own baby wipes:
1. Cut a paper towel roll in half (enlist the help of your husbands, I was stubborn and it was really hard) and then take out the cardboard in the middle
2. Mix about two cups of water, 1 tablespoon of baby shampoo, and 1 tablespoon of baby oil together (save a cup of mixture)
3. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a container (I used an old lysol wipes container)
4. Stuff the paper towel roll into the container and pour the remaining mixture on top.
5. Pull from the middle
This smells really yummy, uses no alcohol, and cleans your baby up really nicely! I even made the container look cute!
The second book I read was called The Sneaky Chef. Noah is currently opposed to vegetables so I had to find ways to be creative. This is an awesome book in which the author hides pureed vegetables in foods with the same color/texture. The two I have used are orange puree (yams and carrots) in his mac and cheese; and white bean puree (any type of white bean) in pigs in a blanket (which I also mixed in wheat germ) and twice baked potatoes (along with cheese, broccoli, and sour cream). Noah was completely fooled-hahahahahaha! I highly recommend both of these books!!

Here Noah is eating his mac and cheese with hidden yams and carrots, yogurt with homemade granola, and apples-yummy lunch time!

3 comments:

  1. you are awesome! i love the ideas and may be trying them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great mommy:) I'm doing the white bean one! Try cauliflower puree in his scrambled eggs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, i SO am going to try the wipe thing.. love it!

    ReplyDelete